How to Fix Microsoft Outlook has Stopped Working Problem?
Microsoft Outlook has Stopped Working error message occurs when you try to start the Microsoft Office 2013 and 2016 version of Outlook on your computer. In this blog, Email Customer Service team will guide you step by step method to Fix Microsoft Outlook has Stopped Working Problem.
Methods to Fix Microsoft Outlook has Stopped Working Problem
Method 1: Create New Outlook Profile
- Start the Outlook and select the File > Account Settings > Manage Profiles
- Then, choose the Show Profiles > Add
- Now go to the Profile Name box and type a name for the new profile and press the OK button
Method 2: Disable the Add-ins
- Press the Windows Key (Lower Left Corner) + R together and open the run the run box
- Now type outlook /safe and press the enter key to open the outlook in safe mode
- Note: If Outlook does not open in the safe mode then there is no problem with the Add-ins
If Outlook starts in safe mode, then you need to disable the ADD-ins. For disabling the Add-ins follow the instructions are given below
- First click on the File > Options > Add-Ins in Outlook Safe Mode
- Now, go to the View and Manage Office ADD-ins option
- Then, select the COM Add-ins and click on OK
- After that, uncheck one of the add-ins in the list and click on the OK button
- Now restart the Outlook in normal mode
Method 3: Repair Office from the Control Panel
For Windows 7 or Vista and 8 or 8.1
- Click on the start and go to the control panel
- From category view go to the under programs and select uninstall a program
- Now click on the office product which you want to repair and click change
- Now check that your copy of office is Click-to-run or an MSI-based install
- If you have Click-to-run installation type the follow these instructions
- Go to the “How would you like to repair your Office Programs” and select the online repair to make sure everything get fixed and select the repair button
- If you have MSI-based installation type, then follow these instructions
- Go to the change your installation and select the repair and click on the continue button and follow the instruction on screen to complete the repair process
For Windows 10
- Click on the Start button and choose the Apps and Features
- Then, select the MS Office product which you want to repair and click on modify.
- After that, follow the same process which we have used in Windows 7 or 8.
Method 4: Uninstall and Reinstall the MS Office
- First you have to download and install the Office uninstall support tool, which is given below.
After that follow the steps to download the uninstall support tool
For Edge or Chrome Browser
- Go to the lower-lower left corner and right click on the SetupProd_OffScrub.exe > Open
For Edge (older) or Internet Explorer
- Go to the bottom of the browser window, select Run to launch the SetupProd_OffScrub.exe.
- Go to the popup windows and select the save file and then select download arrow > SetupProd_OffScrub.exe. On the upper-right browser window
- Now select the version which you want installs and selects the next
- After that follow the remaining instructions and restart your computer and when you will restart your computer the uninstall tool automatically re-opens to complete the final step of the uninstall process.
- Now complete the remaining process.
Method 5: Update the device Driver
For Windows 10
- For updating the drivers, you have to select the start button and go to the settings, then select the update & security and choose the windows update; if updates are available just update it.
For Windows 8 or 8.1
- Go to the start and click on settings, then click on change pc settings and now go to the PC settings and click on windows update (If available)
For Windows 7
- Click on the start and type Windows Update in the Search programs and files, and then click on the check for updates in the search result, now click on the updates (If available).
These are the simple methods to Fix Microsoft Outlook has Stopped Working Problem by Outlook Support Experts.